Last week, I was able to witness the grand opening of Swensen's The Block branch. Since I am a fan of desserts plus ice cream is perfect for the sweltering heat we've been experiencing for the past days, I was definitely excited to try out their delectable treats! I did not have a hard time looking for their humble stall as it is located near my favorite shops at The Block - Forever21 and Uniqlo. :)
Available in their store are more than 25 varieties of ice cream - from basics such as Vanilla and Chocolate to complex ones such as Reversible Chocolate, Rum Raisin, Midnight Brownies to fruity flavors such as Cantaloupe, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Lime Sherbet, among others.
There were fun activities for kids during the event, such as face painting and balloon twisting. The first 50 customers of Swensen's were also able to get a free scoop of ice cream of their choice. :)
During the program proper, the owners of Swensen's started the grand opening with a prayer and dedication and finally conducted the ribbon cutting.
Of course, we didn't miss the chance to try out Swensen's ice cream! Aside from the basic ice cream scoops that can be availed of at their store, they also offer mouth-watering combinations from their menu. We had a hard time choosing which one to try!
And here are the sundaes that my blogger friends and I decided to try at Swensen's (clockwise):
1. Oreo Brownie (P265) - A crispy waffle basket served with chunky brownies, Oreo cookies, and banana top with almonds and chocolate sauce.
2. The Chocolate Earthquake (P675) - The Sundae for chocolate lovers combining 8 scoops of ice cream and rich toppings: hot fudge, Oreo, brownie and almonds. - Perfect for sharing!
3. Nutty Banana (P265) - A crispy waffle basket served with banana and caramel sauce on top with almonds and pecan praline.
4. Waffle Sundae (P175) - A scoop of ice cream on freshly baked waffle with chocolate fudge and almonds.
5. Coit Tower (P245) - A tower of Vanilla and Chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge, strawberry jam, banana and almonds.
6. Little Prince (P135) - Kiddie sundae decorated with Oreo cookies.
7. Mr. San Francisco (P140) - Kiddie sundae dressed with chocolate dipped cone hat.
Just look at that Oreo Brownie Waffle Basket Sundae that I was able to try. It was heavenly! Swensen's never fails to make anyone a happy kid! Thank you for having us at your grand opening. :)
Visit Swensen's at the 2nd Floor of SM North EDSA The Block. Don't forget to check out their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SwensensPH!