This would probably one of the few blog posts that I will dedicate to nail polish cause I rarely wear them. I find nail polish hard to maintain so I opt to keep my nails bare. Anyway, this is the first time that I used a nail polish from Chanel. I always wear cheap local nail polishes that chip easily or Face Shop nail polishes that my aunt sends us from Korea. :)
Information about Chanel Le Vernis Nail Polish from their website:
Classic and trend-defining shades from the runways of Paris. State-of-the-art formula strengthens and moisturizes nails as it delivers long-wearing, high-shine, chip-resistant colour. Applies evenly without streaking.
All Chanel nail products are formaldehyde-free, toluene-free and DBP-free.
The Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in June is an apricot and orange-y shade. Each bottle contains 13 ml and retails for $26 at the Chanel website.
|Without flash, artificial lighting|
- The packaging is really nice. The bottle is placed in a box and the bottle is pretty.
- The color is a really lovely apricot color.
- It doesn't make my hand look dark (which is what I absolutely hate in some shades of nail polish)
- The consistency of the nail polish is really nice. It is not too thick which makes the polish more easy to spread on the nails.
- It dries really fast! It's still smooth even if I applied it right before hitting the sack. (I usually get crisscross marks on my polish in the morning whenever I apply nail polish before I sleep.)
- The best thing about this is that it doesn't chip! :) I had it for 4 days already and even the tips are still good as new.
- Limited edition
- I am not sure where I could get them locally.
- The smell is quite strong. (But I guess all nail polishes have a strong scent.)
- It took me 3 coats before getting a solid shade.
Well. if I have money to spend, I'd get myself another shade of nail polish from Chanel. This might be expensive, but it's worth the money.
I'd like to thank Sandra of Blasfemmes.com for sending this awesome nail polish. :) I won her blog giveaway. Teehee! This came in all the way from Portugal.
Don't forget to join my giveaways: