I've recently started taking beauty and skin care seriously. I am not getting any younger and women my age should have come up with a standard skin care and beauty routine. It was also just recent when I discovered the wonders of Korean beauty and skin care products. When my sisters started using Tony Moly and Etude House products a few years back, I thought they were just after the hype of K-Beauty and the popularity of these brands. It turns out that these products do work! The hesitant me then started using K-beauty products, including hair color products, that worked well.
Honestly, looking for Korean beauty products here in the Philippines became easier over the years. There are now boutiques in the mall which sells these products and there are several small online shops which allegedly sell these K-Beauty products. However, choices are very limited when shopping through local online shops. Also, authenticity of products are compromised when shopping online. Malls also have limited stocks and sometimes their products become out of stock easily. Lucky for us, these issues, and more, were addressed by one Korean K-Beauty shop, Althea Korea, which offers authentic Korean beauty and skin care products!
I am a huge fan of online shopping, from clothes, makeup, to just about anything. And the launching of Althea Korea here in the Philippines (TODAY!!!) is such an awesome news for me. I need not go to the mall (which is quite a hassle to me because of my class schedule) to score these K-beauty products. Moreover, I have more options when searching for a type of product. Currently, they offer Banila Co., Etude House, The Face Shop, Laneige, Innisfree, Missha, Tony Moly, Too Cool for School, Peripera, W-Lab, Royal Gold, among others. Of course, all of their products are guaranteed 100% authentic!
Shopping at Althea Korea is very simple. Everything is categorized into skincare, makeup, cleanser, and pack & mask. Since most of the products do not come with English instructions, the website provides detailed product information to guide you in choosing the items perfect for you. Some even have reviews of the product itself and photos when the product is used.
Aside from the numerous options available at Althea Korea, another awesome thing about them is the prices of their products. Most of them are cheaper than local prices and some are even on sale. I guess it's because the products are shipped directly from Korea where they are sold cheaper. Speaking of shipping, I have to commend Althea Korea for that because shipping was really fast! It only took 5 days for my box to arrive from the time I ordered it. Moreover, I need not pick up my package from the post office nor pay any custom fees since they shipped the items directly to my house.
Althea Korea offers free shipping for every P1500 purchase. Otherwise, international shipping fees may vary depending on the weight and size of the parcel. I think it's better to avail of the free shipping, especially when getting your yearly beauty and skin care needs. Every purchase you make from Althea Korea will be contained in an Althea Beauty Box. And as you can see, every item is safe during transit because each was covered with bubble wrap (even the box itself!).
Anyway, here are the items that I got during the beta testing: (Thank you, Althea Korea! :))
1. Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake - This eyebrow powder from Skinfood provides natural looking brows with its formulation containing real cacao. Sounds delish! Anyway, I got the Grey Khaki Black shade and I can't wait to use it! This costs P180 only. Super affordable!
2. W-Lab Sebum Out Finish Pact - I haven't encountered any product like this before so when I saw this at Althea Korea's website, I was eager to give it a try. This one promises to remove oil and controls excessive oil for that fresh look all day! This one costs P280. The finish pact that I got has a cute puff and built in mirror.
3. Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream - I have my eyes set on this ever since! And I was surprised that they have it for only P690. I haven't started using it because I am still using another eye product, but I hope this one effectively brightens my dark eye circles.
4. The Face Shop Bright Cleansing Foam - This product is one of my best K-beauty finds! I love using this one at night to remove dirt and makeup and it works really well. I love how this one smells and how it lathers up. Anyway, I got it for only P260, but I have noticed that this one already costs P300 at the website.
5. Missha The Style 4D Mascara - This is another product I have yet to try. I am still finishing another mascara before I give this a try. This one's super affordable at P170 each.
6. The Face Shop Dual Veil Concealer - I love (and need) concealers! This one has a liquid concealer for that natural look and a stick concealer for that perfect coverage. I am excited to try this one because it's a shade darker than the one I am using right now. It costs P400 at the website, and I think it's very affordable considering the amount of product each box contains.
7. Natural Republic Shea Butter Steam Mask Sheet - I got this one as a freebie! Yay!
There are tons of amazing promos and offers to look forward to during Althea Korea's grand launch in the Philippines! To start off, they'll be having a big giveaway! Free 300 credits will be given for every new sign up at ph.althea.kr. Free shipping will be given for every P1000 spent during their launching month. Aside from the low prices (up to 70% off!), there will also be Daebak Deals 1+1 and Zero Peso Deals too!
Head on over to Althea Korea as they open their site to Filipinos at 12 noon today!
Happy shopping! ;)